Hire one of our boats and paddle along the River Soar with the freedom to explore in your own time.
How does it work?
You can now Hire a Sit on Top Kayak at the Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre for two hours, to paddle on the River Soar.
To avoid disappointment we recommend pre-booking beforehand, which you can do by clicking 'Book Now' below.
Please try to arrive 10 minutes early to avoid a delayed start.
Please report to reception on arrival, we will take you through the safety information, after which you will need to leave a security deposit for the craft, this can be either a driving license, car keys or a passport.
We will then issue you with a paddle, buoyancy aid and kayak, from then on you will be free to paddle.
Once you have finished report back to reception and we will check all kit back in to stores and return your security deposit.
Single Sit on Top Kayak £17 - Two hour time slot.
This includes kayak, paddle and buoyancy aid. Please note kayaks can only be used by the person specified on the booking form in the allotted time.
- Children are NOT allowed to paddle unaccompanied by an adult, an adult may only be responsible for one child, unless the second child is aged 16 or above. An adult is not permitted to look after more than two designated under 18s.
- Buoyancy Aids MUST be worn and securely fastened at all times when on the water., with a layer of clothing underneath.
- Late returns will be charged at £5 per 15 minutes, or part of, for each craft.
- Any damage to the equipment will incur additional charges, £50 for a buoyancy aid or paddle, up to £400 for a broken boat.
- As there is no safety cover, participants will be responsible for themselves, so please ensure you are able to look after yourself.
What to wear
Dress for the weather and bring something to change into for afterwards. Please don't wear flip flops or other shoes that might fall off, you should have something on that is secured to your feet.