Hire one of our boats and paddle along the River Soar with the freedom to explore as in your own time
You can now hire boats at Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre. Although we have a variety of craft to paddle, including canoes, paddle boards and a variety of different kayaks, as part of our launch we are only hiring out SIT ON TOP KAYAKS until further notice. If you are interested in paddling some of our
other craft, please get in touch to book an instructor led session.
How does it work?
To avoid disappointment we recommend pre-booking beforehand, which you can do by clicking 'Book Now' below. We are offering half day bookings, you can choose either the morning - 10:00am to 1:00pm or afternoon - 1:30pm to 4:30pm, spaces are limited.
Try to arrive 10 minutes early to avoid a delayed start. Once you have arrived report to reception, and we’ll take you through safety information. After which we will need to
take a security deposit for the craft, this can be either a driving license, car keys or a passport. We will then issue you with a paddle, buoyancy aid and kayak, from then on you will be free to paddle.
Once you have finished report back in with reception and we will check all kit back in to stores, and issue you your credit card back.
Single Kayak £22 for up to 3 hours
Double Kayak £30 for up to 3 hours
This includes kayak, paddle and buoyancy aid. Please note kayaks can only be used by the specified one or two people in the allotted time.
- As there is no safety cover, participants will be responsible for themselves, so please ensure you are able to look after yourself.
- Children are not allowed to paddle unaccompanied by an adult, an adult may only be responsible for one child, unless the second child is aged 16 or above. An adult is not permitted to look after more than two designated under 18s.
- Buoyancy Aids MUST be worn and securely fastened
at all times when on the water.
- Late returns will be charged as further £5 per 15 minutes, or part of, for each craft.
- Any damage to the equipment will incur additional charges, £50 for a buoyancy aid or paddle, up to £400 for a broken boat.
There is no instructor present, participants should be able to paddle at a suitable level so that they can look after themselves. Should a participant not be able to paddle independently they may be asked to hand back the equipment with no refund. Please note we do offer instructor lead sessions if you require instruction.