State of the art changing facilities for everyone
We are proud to be part of the national 'Changing Places' scheme with our very own Changing Places toilet and shower room. This is an accessible facility that can be accessed by anyone who drops by via a radar key, or can be used by customers upon request.
The room itself has the following features:
The Right Equipment
- height adjustable adult sized changing bench
- full room covering track hoist
- height adjustable sink
- adequate space for a disabled person and up to two carers (3m X 3.5m approx)
- a centrally placed toilet with space either side
- a screen to allow some privacy
A safe and clean environment
- wide tear off paper roll to cover the bench
- large waste bin for disposable pads
- non-slip floor
Take a virtual tour of the facility:
The Changing Places Consortium launched its campaign in 2006 on behalf of the over 1/4 million people in the UK who cannot use standard accessible toilets. This includes people with profound and multiple learning disabilities, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy as well as older people.
In 2015 Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre was approached to have a facility on their site, work started in November 2016 to biuld the facility on the side of the changing block. The work was completed and opened in March 2017.
To learn more about the campaign click here.