Volunteering at LOPC
Volunteering just a few hours a week at LOPC can be extremely rewarding, and can help you get ahead of the pack by providing the following:
- Experience of working with groups of different ages and abilities
- Enhance your CV and boost your career prospects.
- Gain an insight into working at a busy Outdoor Centre.
- Work alongside experienced Instructors.
- Build your self-confidence, competence and skills.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
Current Opportunities at LOPC
We are looking for Volunteer Mini-bus
Driver’s to assist the Centre on a part-time basis.
Job Title: Mini-bus Driver
Responsible to: Volunteer Coordinator
Role Description: Join the LOPC team in a voluntary capacity, as a mini-bus driver for our off-site activities.
1. Driving and Inspections:
- Contribute to the pre-usage checks of the bus before any journey is made, maintaining a log of & reporting any issued raised to Centre Management.
- Drive up to 16 passengers in a mini-bus to offsite activity / locations. This may involve pick-ups from schools, day-trips to offsite locations or even multi-day trips on rare occasions.
- Maintaining the bus to a high standard. This may include: sweeping / cleaning the bus, completing inspections of the bus & completing journey log.
2. Other tasks:
· Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be requested by the Volunteer Coordinator or member of staff.
· Conduct yourself in a professional manner, making sure uniform is clean and visible.
Applicants MUST be 25 years or older and hold minimum: D1 license
Desirable: D1 + E license
Hours: Flexible, depending on the work the Centre requires.
All applicants will be subject to a Enhanced DBS and criminal record check.
Application: Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For further information about volunteering at LOPC please contact:
Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre
Telephone (0116) 268 1426