Volunteering at LOPC
APPLICATION FOR SUMMER 2018 IS NOW CLOSED. WE WILL START TAKING APPLICATIONS AGAIN IN 2019.
We all realise that in order to get ahead in life you have to put a bit in to get a bit out. Volunteering just a few hours a week at LOPC can be extremely rewarding, and can help you get ahead of the pack by providing the following:
- Experience of working with groups of different ages and abilities.
- Coaching hours towards that award you’ve been after?
- Enhance your CV and boost your career prospects.
- Gain an insight into working at a busy Outdoor Centre.
- Work alongside experienced Instructors.
- Build your self-confidence, competence and skills.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
LOPC provides volunteering opportunities for people aged 14 years and upwards. We are looking for people who can commit to at least 1 full week during the summer holiday period. Our summer holiday scheme starts on Monday 16th July and runs for 9 weeks.
In return LOPC will endeavour to offer training courses and personal development to those volunteers who show ongoing commitment and dedication to the Centre and its users.
All volunteers will need to complete a Volunteer Application Form and attend an interview before starting. Anyone aged 16 or over will also have to complete an Enhanced Disclosure And Barring Service Check before starting.
The minimum age that anyone can start volunteering at LOPC is 14.
For new volunteers you will be invited to a Selection Day: Watch this Space - TBC
For successful candidates and returning volunteers you will be invited to a Training Day: We will let you know
For further information about volunteering at LOPC then please contact:
Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre
Telephone (0116) 268 1426