Applying for Work Experience at LOPC
During the 2018 -2019 academic year we will not be taking any applications for work experience.
Every year LOPC receives a great deal of interest from schools and young people who want to do work experience at the Centre. In order to meet the demand we can normally offer a 1 week work placement per individual. This offer has currently been suspended.
At LOPC we believe that the work placement must give young people an accurate introduction and experience to the job interview process, working at a busy centre and the feedback process expected in the workplace. We do not give a guarantee of offering a place to each person submitting an application.
To qualify for a work experience vacancy, candidates must apply in writing to LOPC. If you want a specific week we advise that you apply at the earliest opportunity in the academic year.
Before the work placement
- Candidates complete and return the application form
- If successful the candidate will be invited to attend a short interview.
- During the interview the candidate will be expected to show that they understand the job description, and talk about why they should be offered a placement.
- If successful the work placement dates will be confirmed.
During the work placement:
- The candidate receives an induction on the 1st morning normally lasting up to 45mins.
- The candidate will meet staff and be allocated a work programme.
- Throughout the week they will be given guidance and be supervised by LOPC Staff.
- The candidate should keep a daily log of their activities during the week.
At the end of the placement:
- The candidate will be given feedback on how they have done.
- If necessary a report card can be completed by LOPC staff to be kept by the young person.
Then please contact:
Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre
Telephone (0116) 268 1426