Working at LOPC
Apprentice Instructor Vacancy
We are looking for an Apprentice who will complement our enthusiastic, motivated and friendly staff team. You will be put on a host of NGB and in house training courses.
Click here for more information
Staff Qualifications for Instructors
- All staff delivering activities receive in house training or hold national governing body awards.
- All staff hold a minimum of an 8 hour first aid qualification.
- Original qualifications have to be seen and kept on file by LOPC .
- All staff undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure prior to being allowed to work unsupervised with groups.
- Staff managing the After School Club undertake an NVQ in a childcare subject at Level 3, or hold a teaching qualification.
Our Technical Experts
Keith has paddled and led groups on rivers in the UK, Europe, the Alps, the United States, Africa and Nepal. Based at Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre, where he still enjoys paddling and coaching with groups on flat water, Keith is a BCU Level 5 Coach and is involved in coach development in the East Midlands.
He has extensive experience in white water safety and rescue, and the coaching process programme. He has been involved in competition both as a competitor and as a coach, and has a back ground in open canoe, free style, sea and surf.
Howard is a highly experienced instructor and coach having also been an Inspector for the Adventure Activities Licensing Service, Howard is a BCU Level 5 Sea Kayak Coach and also holds the Mountain Instructor Certificate.
His wide experience of leading trips around the globe, and vast knowledge and training expertise is hugely beneficial to LOPC and will open up new opportunities for our users.