2019 Apprentice Instructor Vacancy
March 2019 to Sept 2020
Closing date - 24th February 2019
We are looking for an Apprentice who will complement our enthusiastic, motivated and friendly staff team. You will be put on a host of NGB and in house training courses.
Located on the River Soar, Leicester Outdoor Pursuits
Centre is a vibrant, friendly place providing land and water based activities
and courses to people from the local area and beyond.
We have 27,000 users per year, aged from 5yrs upwards of all abilities and background. Our users include:
- Activate After School Club
- Schools and Colleges
- Holiday Schemes
- Families and individuals
- Corporate training.
- LOPC also provides a diverse annual coach education programme for land and water activities.
What we are offering with the role:
- Thorough Induction process including nationally recognised qualifications.
- Work with a diverse range of clients.
- Opportunities to develop ongoing group programs.
- Quality outdoor uniform.
- Professional development workshops.
- Further opportunities to take different key roles within the organisation.
This is an 18 month apprenticeship. You will be starting your role as an assistant instructor – developing to become and independent instructor leading your own groups.LOPC is a non-residential Centre so we cannot provide accommodation.
- Assisting and then eventually leading activities
- Assisting with the cleaning and maintenance of equipment and site
- Liaising with customers
and other members of staff
- Full Time Instructor Role
- Links with other outdoor providers, centre, clubs
Hourly Rate: Apprentice National Minimum Wage
Working Hours: 30 hours over 5 days per week. A few weeks in the year may extend to 6 days. Some weeks can go up to 38 hours, any extra hours worked are taken back as TOIL during quiet periods.
Closing Date: 24th February 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing 4th March 2019