Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre is playing a leading role in developing innovative programmes of outdoor learning.
Notable successes to date include projects using the outdoors to develop:
- Community cohesion.
- Literacy and creative writing skills.
- French vocabulary understanding.
- Numeracy skills.
Case studies of some of these projects can be found by following the links below:
- Community Cohesion
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills with Crown Hills Community College
- Creative Writing with Lancaster Secondary School
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills with Fullhurst Community College and Ellesmere College
- Creative Writing with Rushey Mead College
- Mathematics with Babington Community Technology College
- Raising the Achievement of Boys at Key Stage 3
Time for Change in Outdoor Learning
Randall Williams, in conjunction with the English Outdoor Council, has produced the following document containing hard evidence on the value of the outdoors and a challenge to deliver fair access for all.
Learning Outside the Classroom Website
Case studies for various organisations can be found on the Learning Outside the Classroom website here.