Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre is playing a leading role in developing innovative programmes of outdoor learning.
Notable successes to date include projects using the outdoors to develop:
- Community cohesion.
- Literacy and creative writing skills.
- French vocabulary understanding.
- Numeracy skills.
Case studies of some of these projects can be found by following the links below
- Raising the Achievement of Boys at Key Stage 3 link
- Community Cohesion Case Study link
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills with Crown Hills Community College link
- Creative Writing with Lancaster Secondary School link
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills with Fullhurst Community College and Ellesmere College link
- Creative Writing with Rushey Mead College link
- Mathematics with Babington Community Technology College link
Time for Change in Outdoor Learning
Randall Williams in conjunction with the English Outdoor Council has produced the following document containing hard evidence on the value of the outdoors
and a challenge to deliver fair access for all.
To view this document please click here
Learning Outside that Classroom Website
Case studies for various organisations can be found on the Learning Outside the Classroom website here