Learn to Lead Climb - Adults only
- 6th, 9th, 13th, 16th and 20th March, 4:30pm - 6pm. Course tutor: David Robinson
The next step after learning to lead indoors is to take your skills into the great outdoors.
The Learn to Lead course is designed for top rope climbers who wish to learn to lead climb. We will give you the opportunity to gain and develop the necessary skills to lead indoors with confidence. Our courses are broken down into 5 weekly sessions lasting 90 minutes which will be held at The Tower Climbing Centre in the Leicester Leys Leisure Centre
Maximum group size
Candidates will have experience climbing in an indoor environment and show competency in top-rope climbing.
- Being able to lead confidently in a safe manner
- Lead belaying
- Handling climbing equipment in a responsible manner
- Principles of lead climbing
- Clipping techniques
- Identifying risks/hazards and how to manage them
- Taking and holding lead falls
- Lead climbing strategies
Typical session structure
Meeting each week for 90 minutes for the 5 week duration and developing the skills you need to be a competant climber
What to wear
Comfortable clothing that does not restrict movement along with climbing shoes, harness and a helmet (all climbing equipment can be borrowed when requested).
The calendar below shows the availability and details of your chosen course sessions. Click a session to find out more, or click "Book now" to start your booking.
- Green = Good availability
- Orange = Almost gone
- Red = Sold out