Learn To Climb Level 2 (NICAS)
National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme Level 2- Top Rope Climber
This course is the next stage on from Level 1 and aims to build on the skills and knowledge already gained to create safe, competent climbers with the confidence to use public walls in their spare time.
The last day of the course we plan to run an offsite climbing session at a nearby climbing wall as part of your development and to also give more variety to your experience in climbing.
Upon completing the course you will either be at an appropriate level to use public climbing walls or you will be given you log book and an action plan to try and complete your Level 2.
- The level 2 course will consist of three 90 minute sessions and a final 3 hour session. In order to succeed in this course, as many dates as possible must be attended.
- Sunday's - 6th, 13th, 20th September 12.30pm - 2pm and 4th October 12.30pm - 3.30pm. Course tutor: TBC
Maximum group size
Min age 8yrs old and hold NICAS Level 1 or have a similar ability and knowledge. Please wear loose sports clothing. Payment required to secure a place, together with a completed Individual Consent Form.
- To develop risk assessment and management skills in the sport
- Develop teamwork and trust with climbing partners
- A deeper understanding of the sport
- Belaying solo with a plate device
- Holding a top rope fall
- Lowering partners
- Understanding of the french sport grading system
- Further improvement in personal climbing ability in technique, fitness and strength and psychological
Typical session structure
What to wear
- Sensible footwear that is appropriate to the activity.
- Jogging Bottoms or leggings, no jeans.
The calendar below shows the availability and details of your chosen course sessions. Click a session to find out more, or click "Book now" to start your booking.
- Green = Good availability
- Orange = Almost gone
- Red = Sold out