Nuts and Knots
No dates available, please contact us if you are interested.
The course aims to teach all the basic techniques required to rig climbs outdoors. Topics will cover:
- Before the climb
- During the climb
- Trouble shooting
The course is more about the rope work than the climb itself. A chance to start learning about how climbing outdoors works, how it's made safe, what to do with the ropes and how to use the landscape.
Our course will be held on the grit stone crags in the Peak District, we'll choose a suitable crag depending on conditions. Please note that transport is not included however, car share can be arranged.
Due to logistics a minimum of 3 candidates are required for this course to run.
Maximum group size
A good deal of experience of indoor and outdoor climbing.
- What equipment is needed to be safe when climbing outdoors.
- How to place personnel protection along with rigging up ropes on suitable climbs.
- How to use a guide book and have an understanding of climbing grades.
- An understanding of the environment we climb in and the potential impact it can make.
What to wear
Suitable clothing that's appropriate to the weather conditions in this environment is essential along with good footwear to and from the venue. Equipment such as a harness and a helmet can be provided, if you do not own any climbing shoes then we may have your size but we are limited.
The calendar below shows the availability and details of your chosen course sessions. Click a session to find out more, or click "Book now" to start your booking.
- Green = Good availability
- Orange = Almost gone
- Red = Sold out