Duke of Edinburgh's Award
There are many benefits of using us to provide the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, such as;
- Highly experienced and qualified staff, who have a great enthusiasm and passion for the outdoors
- We provide great facilities ranging from our 15 acres of land to our classrooms, as well as being able to provide equipment such as tents and rucksacks etc.
- We can save you time and energy from your busy schedules
- Mapped orienteering courses to make navigation training easier
We are offering Walking, Canoeing, sailing and Cycling at Gold, Silver and Bronze levels.
As a DofE Leader, you can confidently recommend AAPs to your participants. The AAP licence is a quality standard on an organisation's programme, meeting the programme and sectional requirements of the DofE
Open Expeditions for this year
Join us and other like-minded individuals in Leicestershire to complete the Bronze practice and/or qualifying Expedition. Our friendly experienced team of Instructors are there to welcome and support you with both getting to know your team and completing the Expedition section of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
Information packs are sent out in advance so that you can fully prepare.
This is an ideal opportunity for participants to complete the Expedition section of the award if they cannot make their school/group dates, or for those that do not have a team to complete the Expedition with. A warm welcome guaranteed!
Bronze Open Expedition:
Not until the summer 2018 but if you have a group of at least 4 participants then we could organise an expedition at request.
£165.00 per Expedition including all accommodation and group kit (or discount to £315.00 if you book both your practice/qualifying expedition.)
|Cost per Group||Cost per head|
|24 weeks of 2 hr. sessions||£1580||£225|
|Weekends at 3 weeks of 8 hrs.||£970||£138|
|Weekends at 4 weeks of 6 hrs.||£1040||£148|
- First aid and emergency procedures.
- An awareness of risk and health & safety issues.
- Navigation and route planning.
- Campcraft, equipment and hygiene .
- Food, cooking and safe use of stoves.
- Countryside, highway and water sports safety codes (as appropriate).
- Observation and recording.
- Team building.
- Proficiency in the mode of travel.
Navigation exercises in off-site areas will be completed to test the skills learnt.
|Cost per group*||Cost per person*|
|Bronze Walking Practice & Qualifier||£1820||£260|
|Silver Walking Practice & Qualifier||£2600||£371|
|Silver Canoe Practice & Qualifier||£2760||£345|
|Gold Canoe Practice & Qualifier||£3635||£454.37|
|Gold Walking Practice & Qualifier||£3370||£481|
All packages include:
- Supervision during practice and qualifying expeditions.
- Minibus transport to and from expedition venues.
- Camp fees.
- Fuel for stoves.
- Expedition assessments.
|Canoe as a supplement||Prices vary depending what time of the year. 2 day paddling course is required.|
|Presentation as a supplement run and overseen by us||£130|
|If not run by us then hourly room hire rate applies only||£22|