Teaching Orienteering Part 1 (BOF) This course is cancelled. The Centre is closed due to Covid-19. We hopefully will run this course at a future date.
Cost : £65
This British Orienteering Federation (B.O.F.) course is aimed at teachers, youth sector workers and people working in schools and outdoor centres. The 1 day training course delivers the knowledge, understanding and practical ability to introduce the basic skills of orienteering to beginners in a fun and exciting way on areas that are safe such as school sites or outdoor centre grounds. You will also be able to deliver simple competitions for participants.
When is it?
23rd June 2020, 9:30am to 4:30pm. Registrations for this course must come 2 weeks before the date of the course.
Maximum group size
Introduce children to orienteering in a safe environment
- Plan sessions which introduce the basic understanding of how to use an orienteering map and include the following skills: map as a bird’s eye view, importance of north, map orientation, use of map colours and commonly used symbols, keeping in contact with the map and “thumbing”.
- Plan and deliver orienteering sessions that meet the safety standards required by British Orienteering.
- Organise and deliver simple orienteering competition.
- Be able to advise children on the opportunities to further their orienteering experience.
Typical session structure
What to wear
The calendar below shows the availability and details of your chosen course sessions. Click a session to find out more, or click "Book now" to start your booking.
- Green = Good availability
- Orange = Almost gone
- Red = Sold out