British Canoeing - Paddlesport Instructor Award
The qualification will support the instructor with practical skills such as kitting up a group and getting afloat, initial familiarisation activities, games and activities to support learning and how to use mini journeys to support learning, inspire adventure and exploration. This will be enhanced with support on how these sessions can be delivered in a way that is enjoyable, safe and rewarding.
The process of completing the qualification aims to help prepare candidates for their first paddlesport instructing role; ‘primed and ready’.
There will be some classroom teaching, but we prefer to do as much as possible out on the water, so be prepared to paddle both days. Assessment is a continuous process throughout the course and will include you being shown how to run short sessions, demonstrating rescues and completing a learner development pack. You will be expected to be paddling confidently at your chosen craft and be able to rescue from it. Your FSRT will have prepared you for what this entails.
DATES AND COSTS
This 2 day training and assessment package is £190.
Our next course is 12th and 13th August.
Registration and Pre-requisites
As well as booking onto this course, you will need to become a member of British Canoeing and register with them through your online membership portal.
The only pre-requisite is that you have attended an FSRT course.
BEFORE THE COURSE......
1. Check your email comfirmation - this will have all the relevant documents attached to it.
2. Complete the personal information form ready to bring it with you on the first day
3. Complete the parental consent form (If you are under 18) and bring this on the first day.
4. Ensure that you have registered as an ON THE WATER member with British Canoeing before the course starts.
5. Take a look at the e-learning that British Canoeing provides - click here
Maximum group size
Please Bring with you:
1. Your original FSRT certificate. If you need to do this course please click here
2. Personal information/parental consent form.
3. Your personal paddling kit ( suitable for going on and in the water) every day.
7.Pen and note pad.
This is a complete training and assessment course. Upon completion if you have passed your tutor will tell you this on the day and will send off your information so you can receive a certificate. Your qualification will then be listed on your membership account with British Canoeing.
What to wear
Dress for the weather, and the water!
The calendar below shows the availability and details of your chosen course sessions. Click a session to find out more, or click "Book now" to start your booking.
- Green = Good availability
- Orange = Almost gone
- Red = Sold out